Outlook 2010 Email Signature Installation Instructions
Part 1 - If you wish to continue anyway, verify that your “Display Settings” are set to 100%
These are NOT the Correct Instructions if you use a Display Setting above 100% (That is, if your computer is set to show a large font display for easy reading)
DETERMINE IF THIS APPLIES YOU:
- RIGHT click your mouse anywhere on your computer’s desktop.
- Select PERSONALIZE in the drop-down menu that appears.
- Click DISPLAY SETTINGS in the lower left of the “Personalization” window.
- Look to see if your display setting is set to 100%. ** If it is set to 100% (which is the normal default display size) then these instructions apply to you **. (If you see that your monitor set ABOVE 100% then click here for the appropriate instructions (or change your display setting to 100%).
Part 2 - Copying Your Signature to Your Clipboard
Note: If you don’t currently have your signature open in a browser tab, display it now:
In the tab with your signature, press Ctrl-A then Ctrl-C - this will select your entire signature and then copy it to your clipboard.
Note: Mac users will use Command-A and Command-C.
Part 3 - Outlook 2010 - Email Signature Installation Use Instructions
1. Go to Outlook 2010’s inbox and click the FILE tab at the upper left of the top menu bar.
2. Click the OPTIONS button in the left column.
3. Click the MAIL button in the left column, make sure your compose format is set to HTML, and then click the SIGNATURES button on the right.
4. Click NEW and type in a name for your signature, “My Business Signature” for example.
5. You’ll see three steps below. This is pretty simple - type anything you want to type first. When done, PASTE the graphical signature that you have copied to your computer’s clipboard wherever you want it to go.
** _ It’s important to type first and paste second. _ **
6. Set the signature for new messages and for replies to the name of the signature you just created.
Note: If you have more than one email account (meaning you have multiple email addresses configured) be sure to set the signature up for whatever email addresses you want it used for. You can assign this email signature to be used with all or just some of your email addresses.
Then just click OK to close all of the open dialogs and get back to your inbox - you should be all set.
Note: Hyperlinks in email never work while you are composing or responding to a message. To test your links, compose a message to yourself, and try the links when you have received it and are reading it.
IMPORTANT FINAL NOTE: You may wish to edit or create the “Plain Text Equivalent” to your email signature. Simple instructions for doing this can be found at: [