OWA Email Signature Installation Instructions
FAQ’s (These may be helpful AFTER installation): /docs/email-signature-user-faqs/
Part 1 - Copying Your Signature to Your Clipboard
Note: If you don’t currently have your signature open in a browser tab, display it now:
In the tab with your signature, press Ctrl-A then Ctrl-C - this will select your entire signature and then copy it to your clipboard.
Note: Mac users will use Command-A and Command-C.
Attention Internet Explorer 11 Users (and possibly other versions of IE): OWA may default to OWA lite (meaning no images will appear in your signature), unless you set up compatability view.
Part 2 - Outlook Web App (OWA) - Email Signature Installation Instructions
1. Go to Outlook in OWA and click the GEAR symbol found in the upper right- hand corner (see below):
2. Pull down to OPTIONS (see below):
3. Now choose “ settings “ in the left menu (see below):
4. This is where you will want to PASTE the signature that you’ve got copied to your computer’s clipboard. Either press CTRL-V to paste it in, or RIGHT CLICK your mouse and choose PASTE - your signature will appear in the signature edit window (see below):
Note: If the signature does not seem to paste in it may be because there is already a signature saved. In this case, press CTRL-A and then press your DELETE key to totally remove any existing signature. Then try to paste it in again, as explained just above.
5. CHECK the box that says “ Automatically include my signature on messages I send “ (see below):
6. Make sure your messages are set to compose in “ HTML “ (see below):
7. Click SAVE at the bottom and you’re all done (see below):
Note #1: If you get a message telling you that the signature is too large when you try to save it, it may be because there was already a signature saved. In this case, place your cursor anywhere in the signature edit window, press CTRL-A and then press your DELETE key to totally remove all signatures. Then return to step 4 and follow the process through again.
Note #2: If you are using Internet Explorer (IE) as your web browser and you see a message that says “ The text you typed is too long. Please shorten it and try to save it again.” it’s likely that IE is the problem. If at all possible, please try to temporarily use a different browser (Firefox or Chrome) to do the entire (one-time) installation (including the Crtl-A and Ctrl-C steps). Once installed successfully you can revert to everyday use of Internet Explorer.
If you still get the message that says “ The text you typed is too long. Please shorten it and try to save it again.” it may be that it is actually to long - please contact us so we can attempt to reduce the size of your email signature.
The next time you go to compose a message (or reply to one) your signature or business card will automatically appear.
Note: Hyperlinks in email never work while you are composing or responding to a message. To test your links, compose a message to yourself, and try the links when you have received it and are reading it.