Mac Outlook 2011 Email Signature Installation Instructions
Warning: (Mac Users) The Safari Browser Cannot Be Used
To properly support an HTML email signature, the Safari web browser cannot be used for your signature installation. The formatting will turn out wrong if Safari is used to open and copy the signature.
Part 1 - Copying Your Signature to Your Clipboard
Note: If you don’t currently have your signature open in a browser tab, display it now:
In the tab with your signature, press Command-A then Command-C - this will select your entire signature and then copy it to your clipboard.
Part 2 - Outlook 2011 (for the Mac) - Email Signature Installation Instructions
1. Launch Outlook.
2. Click Outlook on the menu and select Preferences.
3. Open Signatures.
4. Click on the plus sign [+] on the bottom left corner (see graphic below).
5. Double-click UNTITLED to rename it, for example to “My Signature”.
6. Click to check the box next to “My Signature”.
7. On the right hand side, type in your standard closing block. You can format it by clicking on the Format menu and then choosing Text, Font and so on.
Then position your cursor beneath your closing block (use the ENTER key to move your cursor down).
8. PASTE the graphical signature that you have copied to your computer’s clipboard beneath your closing block.
9. Once you are done, click the Default Signatures button (see graphic above) to make the signature you just created your default signature.
10. In the window, select your email account.
11. In the Default Signature click on the drop down arrow (see graphic below) and select “My Signature” or the name of the signature you have created in step 5.
12. Click OK.
13. Close the Signature window.
14. Click Outlook on the menu and select Preferences.
15. Open Composing.
16. Make sure “When replying or forwarding, use the format of the original message” is UNCHECKED.
17. Close the Composing window and you’re done.
Note: Hyperlinks in email never work while you are composing or responding to a message. To test your links, compose a message to yourself, and try the links when you have received it and are reading it.