Eudora OSE Email Signature Installation Instructions
Part 1 - Copying Your Signature to Your Clipboard
Note: If you don’t currently have your signature open in a browser tab, display it now:
In the tab with your signature, press Ctrl-A then Ctrl-C - this will select your entire signature and then copy it to your clipboard.
Note: Mac users will use Command-A and Command-C.
Part 2 - Eudora OSE - Email Signature Installation Instructions
1. Go to Eudora OSE and click CREATE NEW MESSAGE to create a NEW MAIL message. Make use it’s completely blank (remove any existing signature or stationery) and type in your standard closing block. Then position your cursor beneath your closing block.
2. PASTE the graphical signature that you have copied to your computer’s clipboard beneath your closing block.
3. Once everything is set just the way you want it, click FILE in the upper left corner of your window and select SAVE AS from the menu, and then FILE as the type of file you’re saving.
A windows dialog box will appear. At the bottom of this dialog box you will see an option labeled “Save as Type:” - this must be set to HTML (.htm;.html) or Web Page (.htm;.html) - if it isn’t set that way use the little downward pointing triangle at the right of this text box to change this setting.
At the top of the dialog box you will see the phrase “Save In.” This is probably set to “My Documents.” You may save your signature file to any folder you want to, but _ you must remember where you have saved it _ - you will need to navigate to this folder again shortly.
Finally, back to the bottom of the windows dialog box where it says “File Name:” type in a short name that ends with the characters .HTML (that is “period” HTML). For example, your filename might be: ** new-Signature.html **
Click the SAVE button in the lower right corner of the dialog box.
You can now close this email message.
4. From the inbox of Eudora OSE. click on “TOOLS”. This will open a list of options.
5. Scroll down the list and click on “ACCOUNT SETTINGS.” This will open a dialogue box that displays the default identity. If this is not the email account you wish to work with, scroll through the list on the left-hand side to locate it. Click on the appropriate email account.
6. In the identity display, there is a check box with an “Attach this signature” with location box and “Choose” button below it.
7. Use the “Choose” button to locate your signature file. Once you locate the file, select it, and click “OK”.
8. Click “OK” at the bottom of the account settings dialog box.
9. Use the “Write” option to open up a new email. Your signature should be displayed on it. It will not display as an attachment, but as part of the text.
Note: Hyperlinks in email never work while you are composing or responding to a message. To test your links, compose a message to yourself, and try the links when you have received it and are reading it.