Mac Outlook Email Signature Installation Instructions
Warning: Mac Users The Safari Browser Cannot Be Used To properly support an HTML email signature, the Safari web browser cannot be used for your signature installation. The formatting will turn out wrong if Safari is used to open and copy the signature.
Please download and install either Chrome or Firefox before installing your signature. Click the buttons to learn how to install either Chrome or Firefox.
Instructions to Install Firefox can be found at the link below:
Part 1 - Copying Your Signature to Your Clipboard
Note: If you don’t currently have your signature open in a browser tab, display it now:
In the tab with your signature, press Command-A then Command-C - this will select your entire signature and then copy it to your clipboard.
Part 2 - Outlook for the Mac - Email Signature Installation Instructions
1. Open Outlook and go to your preferences.
2. Select signatures then click the + button.
3. Double-click UNTITLED to rename it, for example to “My Signature”.
4. Click the check the box next to “My Signature”.
5. Paste your signature in the text field.
Note: For some versions of Outlook, you may see a clipboard icon after you paste the signature. If you see it, click on the icon and choose “Keep source formatting”. (If you do not see the clipboard icon after pasting do not worry about it - it only shows up some times.)
6. Set your new signature as your default (if you have more than one signature) and you’re all set.
7. Click OK.
8. Close the Signature window.
9. Click Outlook on the menu and select Preferences.
10. Open Composing.
11. Make sure “When replying or forwarding, use the format of the original message” is UNCHECKED.
12. Close the Composing window and you’re done.
Note: Hyperlinks in email never work while you are composing or responding to a message. To test your links, compose a message to yourself, and try the links when you have received it and are reading it.