“Event Based” Web Add-in
Seamless User Experience / Centralized Depolyment
- Multi-platform compatibility: Outlook Web, Outlook Desktop - Windows, Outlook for Mac (running the modern UI).
- Safe to use - won’t crash Office: Unlike previous VSTO and COM add-ins, our new modern add-in runs in a sandbox within the Office application. As a result it cannot cause Outlook itself to crash.
- No performance loss: Our add-in will not slow down the launching speed of Outlook.
- Centrally deployed and updated: Our add-in is deployed using the centralized deployment feature offered by Office 365. Learn more.
This is a UI-less / event-driven add-in. What does that mean? It means that the add-in interprets events occuring within Outlook, and responds automatically - the user sees nothing new, does nothing new - but the desired result still occurs:
- recognize a new message being opened - add the user's corporate signature
- recognise a reply message being composed - add the user's corporate reply signature
- recognize that the user has Outlook set to use a non-approved signature - override it with the approved signature
- recognize that all message recipients are "internal" - apply a slimmed-down internal signature (feature coming soon)
Our web-based Outlook add-in has been developed in conjunction with our partners, MetaDesign Solutions, and is easily deployed remotely to users by the O365 administrator. The technology is agentless, meaning that there are no COM or EXE modules that need to be installed on the client side. It’s a modern web-addin pushed directly to user accounts in Office 365. As a result, there’s no download, no configuration, and no security risk.